Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Lucky Us

That was a hell of a storm!

Not half as bad as they predicted, so we got off lightly, but it looked impressive!




Harley was perfectly calm and I think he would have liked to sit outside in it! When the worst was over, we let him outside and even though it was still raining and there was lots of rolling thunder with accompanying lightning, he happily wandered around the yard without concern.

He slept through the main storm.

I’ll check the rain gauge tomorrow.

BGWLBH and I did the Urangan Pier markets this morning where we bought fruit and eggs and GF donuts. It was very crowded so we didn’t hang around for too long and we had to park a fair distance away so it was a bit of a hike. It was also very windy.

We drove to the old Dayman’s General Store, which is now a bakery, where we bought some genuine sour dough bread freshly baked this morning.

We took the scenic roads, weaving in and out of different streets between there and Anaconda. We admired the variety of different houses like beach shacks, brick homes, art deco architecture, Queenslanders and modern homes. There were a few for sale too.

The new shopping centre was pretty busy. We looked in Skechers, Spotlight, Harris Scarf, Early Settler furniture and checked out the new cafe which was very busy with a queue of people waiting to get in.

Su Jus was on our minds so we drove to Pialba and ordered our regular drinks, did a small Coles shop and made our way home.

Now after all that shopping and the build up of the storm, I’m exhausted! Time to sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: