Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Merry Christmas

 When science becomes a threat to our health

Adoring Husband and I began to drive into The Bay this morning, bright and early, to get my seafood from Urangan Fisheries, but we didn’t get far before he realised he wasn’t able to drive. The Parkinson’s tremors got the better of him, so we turned around, playing tag team, and BGWLBH drove me instead.

This meant we were half an hour later than planned, by which time the queue was unbelievable …


Exactly one hour later (standing in the sun), I walked through the doors to order my sandcrab and prawns.

We had to wait until 9am for Aldi to open. I had a small list of groceries to buy and we boycott Coles and Woollies on 23rd and 24th December because they’ve made a profit of over a billion dollars during the last year while we little people struggled with the cost of living. They raised their prices unnecessarily at a time when the common man was struggling.

We were home by 9.40am.

It took me almost two hours to shell four large sand crabs and then I needed a nap!

For dinner, I made a large potato salad, coleslaw and garden salad so that there would be leftovers for Christmas dinner and AH cooked snags on the barbecue.

There was a nasty storm tonight, that actually hit us (for a change) and provided a light show with some very loud thunder.

The traditional Christmas Eve viewing of Love Actually with Vegan Chickie in Melbourne happened at 7.30pm. I love this tradition. It gives me the warm and fuzzies every year.

Before I retired to bed, I made some jelly to go into my trifle for tomorrow.

Now I need to sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: