Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Heavens Above!

The heavens have opened.

We’ve had warnings all day about destructive storms with possible tornadoes and giant hail. Thankfully, it’s just heavy rain so far.

After Harley play this morning, I made myself a prawn and avocado sandwich and a cup of tea for breakfast and returned to bed.

That’s where I stayed until 1.30pm.

There was lots of thunder rolling in the distance but the storms kept away.

I discovered an interesting fact this evening.

Adoring Husband gave me this amazing ‘malachite’ pendant for Christmas …

… and you know how my word for the year is “Transform”? Well I found this for malachite!

That’s definitely a happy accident!

Until my quiz shows came on, I watched some test cricket today. The Boxing Day test match between Pakistan and Australia.

Of course, dinner was left over Christmas dinner followed by trifle for BGWLBH and apple tarts with warm custard for AH and I.

We played some trivia after dinner and now we are all tucked in our beds listening to the rain. I can hear rumbling thunder again but I hope we just continue to get rain and not the destructive storms that were forecast.

I will now attempt to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: