Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 29, 2023

Storm Threats

Cloud Seeding

Rain-free weddings

If they can do this for good, they can certainly do it for evil.

It was a stifling hot day that drew me to the pool twice. With our umbrella up, it keeps the water at a nice temperature - just the slightest refreshing chill as you step into it. Perfect on such a hot Summer’s day.

Tomorrow will be hot too, but on top of that they’ve forecast storms with 150+kmh winds, giant hail and torrential downpours that will cause flash flooding. We are in the firing line. Let’s hope we just get some good drenching rain and no damage.

I spent most of my day watching the cricket. Australia defeated Pakistan in the second test match.

I also dozed on the couch.

Adoring Husband cooked the usual Friday night fare

My tummy has been a little tender all day so I retired to bed early. Laying flat eases the pain. So no trivia tonight.

BGWLBH and I plan on checking out the markets in The Bay in the morning to restock our fruit and veg.

That means I should sleep now and give my tummy a chance to heal.






Nite all.

No comments: