Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Festival Day

Adoring Husband and I had our first date together since he’s been able to safely drive on the highway.

We left at 7am to make our way to Childers for the cultural festival.

The closest carpark opens at 7.45am and we pulled into that driveway at exactly 7.45am being the second car to park there.

We had to rug up because the weather was quite cold! AH wore his Dryza Bone and I wore long sleeves with a knitted poncho and jeans! Unheard of!

We’d barely stopped at a dozen stalls before AH took our first bag of goodies back to the car.

Our list of goodies included:

  • A turquoise and blue poncho
  • A pottery heart
  • Honey
  • Duck and Juniper Berry salami
  • 2 dresses for Hazey
  • Jalapeño and raspberry jam
  • Pineapple and chilli marinade
  • A big soft fluffy sloth
  • Some CBD pet oil and CBD cream for Harley
  • 3 coffee mugs
  • 6 x GF donuts
  • Pulled pork nachos
  • Pad Thai chicken
  • Green smoothie
  • 2 x coffees
  • Honey and habanero chilli crisp



I think that’s all. 

We sat down with our food to listen to the 10am entertainment. His name was Austin Mackay and he was very good and we stayed for 45 mins listening to him …

He is also on instagram https://www.instagram.com/austinmackaymusic?igsh=YmphOXBkbW5tdGhk

We were only there for 3 hours, which is pretty standard for us. By 11am the crowds become unmanageable for us so we shuffle our way back to the car and head home.

By this time, the traffic coming into town is always slow and bumper to bumper. People are parking 2 kms from the festival and walking into town. Ugh.

We were home before midday.

I made myself a cup of tea and sat down with 2 donuts to watch some Olympic results, catch the start of an AFL match and then settle in for 3 games of NRL.

Home made lasagne with salad for dinner.

I’m feeling pretty worn out after such a big day that began quite early.



Nite all.

No comments: