Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Not Much

Professor Ian Brighthope on Covid Vaccines

Pfizer’s Secret Report

Not a lot happening here.

Plenty of Olympic events to watch on TV.

It’s too bloody cold to get out of bed early - although the southerners will be laughing at our 3°C when they are enduring -6°C and -7°C.

I would stay in bed until lunch time if I didn’t have Harley. The fact that he needs to pee and play and eat means that 9am is about as late as I can remain under the covers in the mornings.

Wednesday was a very quiet day spent mostly in front of the TV watching a series of Great British Sewing Bee and the Olympics.

Today was a day in The Bay.

Breakfast at Salt, shopping at Spotlight, Eureka Furniture, Choice, Farmgate, Newsagent, Butcher, Coles and Su Jus.

I found this outdoor setting to replace our sad, old ripped and faded setting under the Bali hut. 

I loved it as soon as I saw it and the bonus was that it was comfortable under the butt! The best part was getting an extra 12% off the already 50% off!

They must make a LOT of money on furniture.

It was almost 3pm when we arrived home so we unpacked the car, put the groceries away, I played with Harley for about 30 minutes and then found my recipe book so that I could start cooking the lamb tagine that I’d planned.

I read it through and discovered that I needed at least 3.5 hours preparation time, so I canned that idea.

Leftover frozen lasagne for Adoring Husband and a GF meat pie for BGWLBH both served with salad.

We watched the footy tonight.

I have a photo shoot tomorrow so I’d best get some sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: