Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 3, 2024

Laying Low

It’s been a very quiet couple of days with absolutely nothing to report or share.

I’ve been nowhere and done nothing apart from playing with Harley and parking my butt on the couch watching Olympics results, football and live Olympic action.

I was happy to see Djokovic win through to the tennis final, so he will take home a guaranteed silver or possibly a gold medal. He plays the very talented and strong Alcaraz, so while I think Djokovic is capable of winning, I believe that Alcaraz has youthful energy, speed and strength on his side.

Sometimes it takes Alcaraz a couple of sets to warm up and because the Olympics tennis is best of three sets, he doesn’t have the luxury of time to warm up. That could play into Djokovic’s hands.

Djokovic has never won an Olympic gold medal (only bronze) so he’s very motivated.

The Aussies are doing ok at the games, especially the females. Only 2 of our 12 gold medals have been won by males.

We still have high hopes in water polo, hockey, 3x3 women’s basketball, men’s beach volleyball, road cycling and track and field.

I watched 2 movies on Netflix. “What Happens Next” with Meg Ryan and David Duchovny and “Destination Wedding” with Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves.

I had set my alarm for 3am so that I could watch the Djokovic semi final so by 2pm I was in need of a nap. Harley and I snuggled and slept on the couch together for about an hour.

Adoring Husband painted the bamboo fence around the pool with stain, so he’s feeling very sore and sorry for himself this evening.

I made a delicious puff pastry spinach/potato/tuna pie this morning and then offered it for ‘fend for yourself’ dinner. AH accepted my offer but BGWLBH had other plans.

There are leftovers for tomorrow.

I had an unlucky night with my footy teams. The Broncos lost badly and are now out of the running for finals football. Carlton lost to Collingwood by 3 points and have dropped down to 7th position on the ladder.

Now I need to sleep.








Nite all.

No comments: