Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Still Improving

Better today than yesterday and hopefully tomorrow I will be even better than today.

I took it very easy, watching the first 3 episodes of the new series of Cobra Kai on Netflix.

I cooked a whole chicken to make ‘fend for yourself’ night a bit easier for Adoring Husband and BGWLBH.

Super Saturday football started at 3pm and I am still doing a very poor job of footy tipping. I still have my joker round up my sleeve, which will give me double points, so there is hope.

AH got a perfect round last weekend so he has jumped to 3rd spot.

It was only 3°C this morning and I stayed in bed until 9am when the temp had jumped to 16°.

It’s only 8.30pm now but I am yawning uncontrollably and feel that I need to sleep soon. I probably won’t see out the second half of the Storm vs Roosters game.

I have written in my ‘gratitude’ journal, my ‘Friday Falafel’ journal and my ‘Powers’ journal. That’s enough for tonight.

My brain is used up.




Nite all.

No comments: