Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

The Duchess

Gone but not forgotten.

The beautiful “Duchess” passed away yesterday.

She was a kind, gentle, graceful, generous, loving and beautiful soul.

I loved her from the moment I met her 14 years ago. Without even having met me, she so generously accommodated me when I attended a Summer Photography Course at Toowoomba University with Best Cousin in the World.

Her hospitality was second to none.

The last time I saw her was when I still had the shop and she visited me while on holidays. We had a casual lunch in the back room and caught up.

She was also an avid reader of this blog and when I stopped writing a couple of years ago, she made contact through her daughter, J, The Inveterate Traveller, saying that she missed my blog and was wondering when I was going to start writing again.

I had no intention of writing again, but she was special and motivated me to get back to it.

I honestly think of her every day as I start my daily blog post.

Knowing The Duchess will not be reading this tomorrow makes me feel sad.

May she rest in peace.

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

She loved your blog so much Roz and when she was in hospital I would pick out random posts to read to her if you hadn’t posted that day. You put a smile on her face xx