Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 6, 2024

Another Friday Bites the Dust

I didn’t set my alarm for the tennis this morning.

I woke naturally at 7am and turned on the tennis to watch the men’s doubles match but it didn’t start until about 7.30am. Our Aussie boys won easily so they are in the final on Sunday morning (our time).

At 9am I made breakfast for BGWLBH and then took Harley out to play for an hour.

Tomato on toast and a cup of tea for my breakfast and I settled in to watch the women’s semi final tennis. My favourite, the Russian, Aryna Sabalenka will play the American, Emma Navarro in the final on Saturday.

I think Sabalenka will win, although Navarro, having the strong crowd support, will make it a tough match.

Saturday morning will see the men play their semi finals to determine who plays in the men’s final. I am going to the markets so I probably won’t see them play.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay to have the stitches removed from under his eye. The results of the biopsy were what we wanted and what he had was Bowen’s Disease.

He had other chores to do on the list that I made for him, including picking up our watches from Bay Time & Engraving on Main Street. 

I was very pleased that my 21 year old watch was able to be repaired. I bought it for myself for $200 as a celebratory gift when I separated from my last partner. I absolutely love it and haven’t found another watch even close to it. The band is very unique, as is the shape of the face and the size and style of the numbers.

AH’s ancient Sharks watch was also repaired.

I had four parcels arrive today. 

A long spongy kitchen floor runner, four fridge storage containers, a spray bottle for cooking oil and five floor length sheer aqua curtains to cover the new glass sliding doors in the art space.

I made the marinade for our chicken tonight and played with Harley one more time. We played trivia after dinner and watched the football.

Now I need to sleep because it will be an early start for the markets.






Nite all.

No comments: