Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Sleepy Head

 The Persecution of Dr Reiner Fuellmich

Not happy Jan! 

I woke up bright and early to watch the tennis but the Aussie was obviously not at full strength or fitness and was beaten convincingly in three sets by a player not even in the top 20.

It annoyed me no end.

The victor is British and playing exceptionally well in this tournament, having not lost a set in any match so far. Next he has to play the number one in the world, Sinner, in the semi finals. THAT will be telling.

I tried to sleep during today but Adoring Husband decided to have a loud 20 minute argument over the phone with some Foxtel representative about our broken remote control.

The pool guy arrived to service the pool and for some reason, he knocked on our front door (which is right next to my bedroom), instead of walking straight through via the gate like he usually does.

Harley decided to talk loudly outside my bedroom door. Not barking and not howling but dog talking. I assume he was trying to tell us about the pool guy. This would have been short lived but AH thought having a prolonged conversation with Harley would be entertaining.

It took me a good hour to stop feeling cranky about my interrupted sleep!

We had leftover curries for dinner and I made some fresh rice.

We played trivia.

I did NOT watch all of the football because my beloved Broncos were annihilated by Storm and after a while, I couldn’t bear watching it any longer.

I’ll be awake at 6am to watch the Aussie men’s doubles team play the semi final.






Nite all.

No comments: