Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 7, 2024

Market Day

“Come you masters of war. You that build all the guns. You that build the death planes.

You that build all the big bombs.

You that hide behind walls.

You that hide behind desks.

I just want you to know I can see through your masks.

Let me ask you one question, Is your money that good?

Will it buy you forgiveness, do you think that it could?

I think you will find, when your death takes its toll, all the money you made, will never buy back your soul”

~Bob Dylan

We did the Howard markets this morning, leaving at 7am, but it seems that everybody had the same idea!

People everywhere!

I got some Harley treats, 2 hand made dresses and a skirt for Hazey, zucchini and a new leather cross body bag for myself. 

It’s been 2.5 yrs since I got myself a new bag and it was very reasonably priced for leather.

We also purchased a couple of kgs of frozen mango cheeks from a local farmer. We use them in our smoothies.

After we got home, I made breakfast for BGWLBH, played with Harley, boiled some eggs and made myself a curried egg and lettuce sandwich for breakfast and ate it while watching the second mens semi final of the US Open.

It finished around midday.

I found New Moon (Twilight) on ABC TV so I watched the second half of that, played with Harley again and made myself comfortable for an afternoon of footy.

“fend for yourself” night so I didn’t have to worry about cooking.

I was late doing Friday Falafel for Vegan Chickie (because today is Saturday) so I did the video before the football started.

It’s only 7am but I set my alarm for 5.30am and then walked around the markets for almost 2 hours today - I’m too old for this $&@?

I’ll probably fall asleep watching the footy.

Soon.







Nite all


No comments: