Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Sunday Funday

I was thinking today, about Harley and how well I’ve trained him over the past (almost) 2 years. You’ve got to realise that I had to train two other humans at the same time!

The commands that he responds to, or words that he understands, are:

  1. Sit
  2. Come
  3. Up
  4. Down
  5. Get your toy
  6. Get the ball
  7. Stay
  8. Wait
  9. Ready
  10. Leave it
  11. Have a rest now
  12. Outside
  13. Do you want a treat?
  14. Do you want your bone?
  15. Go pee
  16. Bed time
  17. Lie down and be a good boy
  18. Out of the kitchen
  19. Ready to play?
  20. Go to Mum
  21. Put it down (Instead of drop it)
  22. Want some dinner?
  23. Are you hungry?
  24. No
  25. Ok
  26. We’re done
  27. Give me cuddles
  28. Pool/swim
  29. Get the birds!
I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I can think of for now. He’s such a clever boy!

I set my alarm for 3.30am to watch the Aussie boys play the doubles tennis finals. Unfortunately the match started at 2am and I turned on the TV in time to see them receive their winning trophy!

Bugger.

At least they won.

I reset my alarm for 6am to watch the lady’s singles final. I saw the entire match and my favourite, Sabalenka, won her first US Open Slam.

BGWLBH and I filled my new jewellery boxes with jewellery from the broken jewellery case …

I did two loads of washing.

I ate lunch with Harley …

He’s a good boy.

Watched the footy.

Made Nachos for dinner.

Played trivia.

Watched The Voice.

Now it’s time to sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: