Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 13, 2024

Friday Friendlies

I did lunch with some old girlfriends today.

It’s been a long time and I quite enjoyed myself.

Mrs Bucket, The Speckled Hen, Chef Pat and The Chilli Queen were my lunch dates and for the first time in ten years, I actually enjoyed the food served in the restaurant.

I haven't eaten there for two years. I’ve probably eaten there 6 times in the last ten yrs - whenever a new chef comes in, I give them a chance.

I ordered grilled barramundi with mash and vegetables. It was so good, I asked for a doggy bag when I couldn’t eat everything on my plate!

It was nice to spend time the girls. Everyone was lucky with their gambling except me!

I was home by 2.30pm and the three hours passed quickly. I think I’ll join them again in the future.

BGWLBH and I were going to do the markets tomorrow and we have booked and paid for our site, but the weather forecast is for strong winds so we’ve decided to give it a miss. We’ll lose our $15 but the last time we set up on a windy day, we damaged some of our stock and had to spend time holding on to the legs of our gazebo so that it wouldn’t fly away.

Penrith thrashed Roosters in the first NRL final tonight. It was to be expected.

The AFL match between Brisbane Lions and Port Adelaide is much closer with only five points difference  and 8 minutes to go.

I’m feeling quite weary now so it’s time to sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: