Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Ditched the Market

With forecasted winds of 25kph and gusts above 35kph, we decided to forego our $15 site fee and miss the markets altogether.

We’ve experienced windy conditions at these markets in the past and it was very unpleasant.

It was unfortunate because BGWLBH had put a lot of work and effort into displaying and pricing the jewellery and art pieces that we’d planned on selling. The next market is in November, so we will plan for that one instead.

It meant I didn’t have to get out of bed early, which, as you know, I prefer!

I played with Harley this morning, heated up my leftover curry puffs for breakfast and then parked my butt in front of the TV all day.

I watched two episodes of Portrait Artist of the Year, half of a movie called “Dungeons and Dragons: Honour Among Thieves”, which I really enjoyed, followed by the second NRL final of the weekend where Melbourne Storm defeated Cronulla Sharks (much to Adoring Husband’s distress) and we watched the second half of the movie before the third footy final between Cowboys and Knights started.

Cowboys won!

We were switching between channels to see the result of the AFL final between GWS Giants and Brisbane Lions.

It was difficult to watch because Brisbane Lions were losing by more than 40 points at one stage. The closest they got while we were watching, was 13 points and it started to blow out so I switched channels because I couldn’t bear to watch them lose such an important game!

I have just checked the scores to discover that Brisbane won by 5 points! I really wish I’d watched it now.

It was ‘fend for yourself’ night for dinner.

AH cooked all of our chosen protein on the barbecue and BGWLBH made three salads which she invited us to share.

So nobody really fended for themselves, but the food was all lovely and I fended the least of everyone so it was a win win for me.

Now it’s time to sleep for me.




Nite all.

No comments: