Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 9, 2024

Start the Week

A nice start to the week searching far and wide for eggs!

The shelves were bare in Coles, Woollies and where we usually buy them, Farm Gate Fruit n Veg at Eli Waters.

We gave up and on the way home, decided to try our local butcher, who usually stocks some local Childers eggs. 

Success!!!!

They had cartons of ten “massive” eggs, so I purchased three cartons. That should keep us going for a while.

We renewed our lottos.

I popped in to profusely thank the jeweller who repaired my watch - because it brings me joy every time I check the time!

We did the chemist, two butchers, Big W, fruit and veg, Choice, Su Jus, Seafood shop, two newsagents, Indian takeaway, art n craft shop, lady’s boutique and more. We actually left The Bay at 2pm but by the time we did the egg search, drove home, found the eggs and checked for mail, it was almost 3.30pm by the time we pulled in the driveway.

It was a long day.

Indian takeaway was a great idea, although Adoring Husband remembered that it was his turn to cook and had bought chicken breasts and crumbed them! So they are now in the freezer for another night.

I cooked one of those pieces of chicken for BGWLBH because she swears that there is MSG in the curries which made her very unwell last time.

I’m allergic to MSG and wasn’t affected, so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

AH and I had duck curry, coconut chicken and coconut rice.

We played trivia and then watched the first episode of the new season of MKR.

The tennis is over so I get to sleep through the night. Tomorrow is meditation and hoopqigongercise so it will be an early start.

Time to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: