Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

A Morning For Me

My Tuesday morning of self care was, as usual, very enjoyable, calming and insightful.

I did my hooping qi gong at double and triple time while The Gypsy gave instructions to newbies. Every week there is at least one newbie that needs one on one attention to bring them up to speed.

I don’t mind that, because I get to hone my skills separate from everyone else, except I overdo it and completely wear myself out.

The Gypsy and I had two hours together after the classes.

There is a lot of philosophising in our conversations and two hours pass so quickly. It always feels like we haven’t finished saying everything that needs to be said, but we know that we can’t sit under the shaelter for six hours to do that.

Until next week!

Adoring Husband got the results of his chest x-ray and there is nothing sinister going on there. He has some issues that can easily be fixed so we’ll see if he can be disciplined enough and if his memory supports good health practices.

It’s up to him.

I had a delicious tomato from the garden on my sandwich for lunch. It was bursting with sweet juicy flavour - beyond orgasmic!

For dinner, I made zucchini slice in a muffin tray so they look like muffins. I cooked chicken coriander Maryland which was surprisingly delicious and did a baby spinach, pumpkin and pine nut salad. Everyone was sated.

After all that exercise and all that philosophising and all that cooking, I’m  feeling very weary tonight so it’s time to sleep now.





Nite all.

No comments: