Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 8, 2011

A Year of Wedded Bliss

This month, Adoring Husband and I will be celebrating our first year of marriage - and as I type this, he is poking his tongue at me across the room.  I have another nickname for him.  Sheldon.   In honour of the 'Big Bang Theory' character who is a genius with Asperger Syndrome and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

We rarely watch that show on television, so it's not like he developed these traits from regular viewing.  It's quite possible that the character was modelled on Adoring Husband!  This nickname is mostly used as a term of endearment .. and sometimes, a term of frustration hehehe.

So I've decided, considering the limited time available to me today, as I check off my 'packing' and 'to do' lists, to show you some photos taken over the last year.

Early morning sun peeping through the clouds at Surfers Paradise.

Just before sunrise - the view from our motel room at Surfers

Spectacular sunrise from the motel room at Surfers

"Hullo!" from Cairns.

What a handsome specimen - from the bird park in Cairns

Sleeping koala in the wildlife park in Cairns

A happy Willy Wagtail splashing around in the bird bath in our back garden

A Kiwi duck (New Zealand)

A beautiful frog hanging out in the peach tree in our side garden

A mushroom growing under the clothes line 

Sleepy wombat at the wildlife park in Cairns


It occurs to me, as I type this, that I have had such a busy year!  It started in Surfers Paradise for a week with my best friend, to our fabulous wedding here on the river,  to Sydney where we moved Nellie the wonderful mother-in-law into a nursing home (where she is doing very nicely), to Cairns, where I walked The Best Cousin in the World down the aisle on her wedding day, to New Zealand where I witnessed the birth of my little sweetie possum, Chicklet and will end with a week in Maleny and the Sunshine Coast!

I can't believe that we fit so much into a year!  Our first year of wedded bliss :o)  Time flies when you're having fun!
    

No comments: