Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Procrastinator or Photographer?

I'm off to Maleny this weekend for a two day photography course.

My goal is to learn a lot more about my new camera and to get some fabulous shots around this beautiful area.  The mornings will be spent in the classroom and the afternoons will be spent outdoors practising what we learnt in the morning!

I'm excited that it's in Maleny, especially after all the rain that we've had.  It should be lush and green and very tropical, with lots to inspire fifteen students all looking to become brilliant in an instant, and all looking to find that perfect shot!

This is a great opportunity to meet some different people and learn something new ... and there is always something new to learn about photography!

Imagine having unlimited funds and spending a whole year doing photography workshops all around Australia!  All around the world!  There are so many workshops and courses available and so many talented and experienced professional photographers willing to share their expertise.

The possibilities are endless!

Anyway, I have a lot to do before I leave, so I should stop procrastinating and get my act together.  It's time to write my mandatory packing list and a 'to do' list so that my house is in reasonable order and I don't forget to pack anything important.

It's the only way to stop my brain from scrambling, because I leave it all until the last minute and even though I do my best work under pressure, a list definitely helps!  I have just over twenty four hours to get everything done, because we are busy tomorrow night and I leave at 6am Saturday morning.

So much to do, so little time!  Procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate.  Magic wand where art thou?

I must admit ... I am a talented and gifted procrastinator.  The photographer in me still needs some work!

********

I wonder if I could commit to completing a Diploma in Photography????

I've done a little research (as has Adoring Husband).  The Best Cousin in the World is also researching at the moment and is keen to do some kind of course to help her start a business.

Adoring Husband has been dropping hints about me applying for an ABN and starting my own business - perhaps I should follow Vegan Chickie's advice and start thinking of all the reasons why I SHOULD do it, instead of all the reasons why I SHOULDN'T!!

I believe that I will take this week to seriously consider my future in photography.  A weekend in Maleny doing this photography course and then a week at the Sunshine Coast should be enough to clear my head and let me look at it objectively.

Hmmmm thinking ... thinking ... thinking.

No comments: