Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Where do I start?

In exactly eighteen days, I will turn 51 years of age.

I've decided to make a list of 52 things that I would like to do before I turn 52.  That will require checking one thing off the list every week, until my 52nd birthday!

They don't need to be 'awe inspiring' things, in fact, they will probably be fairly simple things, because I'm not the adventurous or inquisitive type.  I'm more the arty, farty creative type.

So, over the next couple of weeks, I will make my list,  then post it here and check off each item as I do it.  I already have half of my list complete.

One important item on my list, which I won't be able to do until later in the year when the competition actually opens, is enter the Canon EOS Photo 5 competition.  This idea was inspired by Vegan Chickie, who entered it last year and had so much fun being creative.

Another idea is to invite five people from outside my usual circle of friends for a morning tea at my house and do all the baking myself.

I would also like to invite couples to have free photo shoots, so that I can get some practise with portrait photography, both indoors and outdoors.

I think I need to have on that list ... 'get to bed early a couple of nights in the week' because I am feeling decidedly tired tonight and quite uninspired!

So!  Enough of this frivolity!  I need to sleep and I can hear the pillow calling my name.  I'm sure that after a solid seven hours of sleep, my mind will, once again, find it's creativity and I will know exactly where to start and where to finish my fabulous list!

No comments: