Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Plethora of Parties

I had a movie day with the ladies today.  Four of us (Beauty, Mrs V,  Lady Lynne and I) went to aqua aerobics and then met Kaz afterwards for morning tea, before making our way to the cinema.

(left to right) Lady Lynne, Age, Aussie H, Kaz and Beauty (No Mrs V in this one)
We watched 'Water For Elephants', which stars one of my favourite actors, Rob Pattinson, and we really enjoyed it, although we were all very disturbed by the animal cruelty and the evil main character.

There seems to be a run of good movies coming to the cinema, so I might be spending a bit of time there in the next few weeks.

We're looking forward to a couple of parties coming up in our near future.

I thought I would post some photos of parties that we've held or attended over the last two years.  The first party that Adoring Husband and I hosted was a 'P' party, four months after we moved here.

We had a pirate, pyjama girl, pregnant school girl, priest, painter, proctologist, pensioner, punk and a princess among others.

We've had dinner parties, a karaoke party, New Years Eve parties etc etc etc.

Aussie H and I at Karaoke
A sixties/seventies party.

A bit of effort for 60s/70s (that's me with the margarita!)
A sports party.

Woman of Many Talents and I pretending to be at the race track and bowling.
Christmas party

Kaz and her Mum having fun with Santa (who looks suspiciously like Adoring Husband)
A dinner party.

A dinner party that turned musical as the alcohol flowed.
A sixtieth birthday party.

The one with the tiara turned 60.
That's just a few of our parties.  Generally speaking, a good time was had by all.  We drank, we ate, we danced, we laughed, we sang and we got to know each other.

After such a plethora of parties, I'm starting to believe that less is more, because I just don't have the energy to keep up with the weekly parties anymore.

No comments: