Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 27, 2011

More Difficult Than You'd Imagine

Because I have spent the last few hours of my time trying to find a song for Day 15 on this list, my brain is too tired to focus on a new post, so at the suggestion of Vegan Chickie, I am sharing this challenge with you, so that you can share it with your friends and family, or just challenge yourself!

The thirty day song challenge.

Find the YouTube video as well as listing the name of the song and the name of the band.

Day 1     - Your favourite song.
Day 2     - Your least favourite song.
Day 3     - A song that makes you happy.
Day 4     - A song that makes you sad.
Day 5     - A song that reminds you of someone.
Day 6     - A song that reminds you of somewhere.
Day 7     - A song that reminds you of a certain event.
Day 8     - A song that you know all the words to.
Day 9     - A song that you can dance to.
Day 10   - A song that makes you fall asleep.
Day 11   - A song from your favourite band.
Day 12   - A song from a band that you hate.
Day 13   - A song that is a guilty pleasure.
Day 14   - A song that no-one would expect you to love.
Day 15   - A song that describes you.
Day 16   - A song that you used to love but now hate.
Day 17   - A song that you hear often on the radio.
Day 18   - A song that you wish you heard on the radio.
Day 19   - A song from your favourite album.
Day 20   - A song that you listen to when you're angry.
Day 21   - A song that you listen to when you're happy.
Day 22   - A song that you listen to when you're sad.
Day 23   - A song that you want to play at your wedding.
Day 24   - A song that you want to play at your funeral.
Day 25   - A song that makes you laugh.
Day 26   - A song that you can play on an instrument.
Day 27   - A song that you wish you could play.
Day 28   - A song that makes you feel guilty.
Day 29   - A song from your childhood.
Day 30   - Your favourite song at this time last year.

At first glance, this challenge looks fun and interesting, but on closer inspection and under pressure, some of these songs are really quite difficult to think of!

So, I challenge you ... it's more difficult than you'd imagine!

No comments: