Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Lady Musgrave Recommendation

Last year, for my honeymoon, I went to Agnes Water with my girlfriends for four days.

It was kind of a work trip, come honeymoon, come girly weekend.  I got to take a couple of tours and I was there to take photos for a tourism website.  We did two tours.  One of them was to Lady Musgrave Island.  

Lady Musgrave is a small, but beautiful island approximately two hours boat ride from the town of 1770, which is about ten minutes from Agnes Water.



There are no buildings or structures on the island.  Just a walking track through a mini forest of Pisonia trees, beautiful white sandy beaches and it's surrounded by the bluest, cleanest water I've ever seen.  

It is also surrounded by a magnificent reef which is home to numerous varieties of fish,  sea turtles and giant clams among other amazing sea creatures.



For a few months of the year, the mini forest is full of thousands of birds in the form of gulls and terns that mate and nest on the island.  Apparently the noise of the birds is deafening and you have to wear protective clothing because the bird droppings are like rain showers.

I was there the week after the birds had left, so the island was beautifully silent and surprisingly clean.

Green and Loggerhead turtles nest on the island from November to February each year and the island is closed to campers in February and March to protect the hatchlings.

The tours include guided walks on the island, snorkelling, reef fishing and rides on a glass bottom boat to view the reef.  A delicious lunch is also included.



We had a fabulous day and even though I am not a big fan of boat travel that far from land, it was so worth it and I highly recommend the tours to anybody, young or old. 

I think I might take Adoring Husband up there.  He would love it and the photo opportunities are so worth it!

So, if you're wondering what to do for your next holiday and want something different, try a Lady Musgrave Island tour!

No comments: