Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

QUEENSLANDER!!!

Wahoo!!  My team won State of Origin last night!!  CHAMPIONS!  One game down, two to go!

Adoring Husband had spent the day in bed with flu and just to make it worse, he barracks for the opposition!

I fed him up on home-made chicken soup, hot honey and lemon, freshly squeezed orange juice, olive leaf extract and Vitamin C tablets.  He is improving quickly :o)

I would like to take this opportunity to offer my commiserations **snigger snigger** and I wish you the best of luck in the next game.

Although he should be familiar with that losing feeling ... after all, we have won five years in a row now **cheesy grin**

My morning at the 'Seat of Knowledge' was quite glorious.  I thought the weather was beautiful, but the locals were all wearing gloves, jackets, scarves and beanies.  I was wearing a sleeveless top and three-quarter length shorts.  I am often questioned about my unusual body temperature.

The tide going out created a beautiful sand tree on the shore.



In the early morning light, some fishermen preparing to go out for a day of fishing.



The old 'Moon River' boat, usually moored up river, but out for the day for the first time in three years.  Looking in need of some TLC!



But more importantly .. QUEENSLAND WON STATE OF ORIGIN LAST NIGHT!!  CHAMPIONS!!

QUEENSLANDER!!!!

(Sorry Darling.  I hope your health is back to normal soon.)

No comments: