Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Adoring Husband is the Man!

BGWLBH and I dropped the car off to be serviced today and then had to find things to do to fill the day.

Of course, breakfast at Maccas was the first port of call, so the mechanic dropped us there.

We then walked up the main street of town and stopped at every shop that looked like it might stock clothes, jewellery, handbags or shoes.  

Morning tea was up next, followed by MORE shopping.  I acquired some fabulous dress jewellery at very reasonable prices.  

I am also looking at a nice handbag, but we are travelling out of town tomorrow, and hope to do something different like ... ah ... shopping!!  If I can't find anything in our travels, then I will come back for this one.

I've knitted myself a lovely purple shawl while I've been here and I've almost finished a purple scarf as well.

Considering that it was -2C degrees this morning with a heavy frost, I think I need to knit myself a long overcoat!!  It's going to be even colder tomorrow where we are travelling!!  Ugh!!

The best news of the day, however, is that Adoring Husband has booked and paid for two tickets to Jon English and The Rock Show for August back home!!  WAHOO!!

I'm a bit excited about that!!  Adoring Husband!!  He's the MAN!!

Nite all

No comments: