Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cold and Wet

We left at about 9am and drove for two hours in the dull grey weather.

Most noticeable were the huge  numbers of cockatoos and galahs feeding on the seeds in the fields along the side of the road!

I brought my camera, but we needed to be at our destination at a certain time, so photos have to wait until the trip home, when we can take our time.

So many photo opportunities, so I hope the light is favourable tomorrow on the return trip.

We arrived in town at 11am today and booked into the motel.  After we visited someone special, we did the unthinkable ... we went shopping!!

So many sales!

I walked in my heels until my feet were so sore that I had to buy new flat shoes to rest my weary feet.

Unfortunately, I had to cancel a visit with G'ma and G'pa today.  That made me a bit sad :o(  Hopefully, there will be another opportunity in the not too distant future :o)

The weather is cold and wet and the temperature ranged from a minimum of 4C to a maximum of 9C today.  Tomorrow will reach 11C.  Ugh!

Looking forward to returning to the lovely luke warm temperatures of Queensland, where getting out of bed in the mornings is a pleasant experience, instead of a bone freezing wake up call!

I can handle cold weather at almost any time of the day or night, but I don't enjoy turning down the covers in the morning to be greeted by cold discomfort.  It's just a nasty way to start the day!

I am, however, REALLY enjoying my time with BGWLBH.

It's been fun. Without doing anything out of the ordinary or making any plans for the holiday, we've had fun doing girlie stuff like shopping, watching Dr Who dvds, shopping, Maccas breakfast routine, cooking, shopping ... just regular everyday stuff.  Oh and did I mention shopping?

It's going to be tough saying goodbye ... it's ALWAYS tough saying goodbye to BGWLBH!

It won't be tough, however, saying goodbye to the cold and the wet!

Today has been a good day!

Nite all.

PS  Adoring Husband!!  I love you xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning rQQzy, we were very disappointed
not to see you yesterday. I spent the day
peering out the window every time I heard a car
door shut - or even when I didn't! We ended up
at the Out of Hours doctors and after an injection all was well. Glad it WAS a good day
when in our town. Brr! It IS cold at present.
Hope all goes well for you and BGWLBH love g'ma

Basa said...

Thanks, i love you too!

eljaih said...

Glad you are enjoying your self :) we all miss you, me especially!!
It's been very cold here also, i checked the weather yesterday and it was about 6C
would have been COLDER cause the wind was blowing.
cant wait to get time off so and Knight in shining Armour can come see you and the family!!
full stop no returns
x