Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 4, 2011

It's Indy's birthday!

Indy is a Border Collie cross bitch who lives with BGWLBH and is her best friend.  Today is her birthday, so this morning we sang happy birthday to her and gave her a treat.

She was named Indy because she was born on American Independence Day :o)

This afternoon she went for a nice walk with us through the farm and then this evening we encouraged her to catch mice (there is currently a mouse plague in the area) on the front verandah and she seemed to really enjoy that!

I think she had a very pleasant birthday!

Adoring Husband has been off on photographic jaunts while I've been away and took this fabulous photo of synchronised birds which I'm dying to share with you.



I really love it and I'm so jealous that I wasn't there to attempt a shot at this.

I went on a little jaunt myself this afternoon.  I didn't get many good shots in though.  I was a bit too lazy to play with the settings on the camera or to change lenses when I should have, plus I was walking around in gum boots that were a size too big!

Flowering Gum

Vineyard across the road

Renovations in progress for a farm cottage
I will make a more concerted effort over the coming days.

I bumped into some old friends in the main street of town today.  

John, with whom I worked for sixteen years.  It was great to catch up with him and hear about how his family have fared over the years.  He is a good man.

I chatted briefly with KG.  I dedicated a post to her a while back.  She is just adorable and seems to be incredibly happy right now.  I wish her the very best and hope that her happiness only increases as the weeks and months go by.

We did a little shopping today and got a few good bargains.  Gotta love mid year sales!

I do miss my Adoring Husband and my lovely little family back home, but I am really enjoying the time here with my friend too.  It has been relaxing and funny. 

It's so good to know that all the strange things that have been happening to me as I get older are also happening to BGWLBH and that I don't have some strange and rare disease that is eating away at my mental state!

We are growing old and senile at the same rate.  We are just doing it thousands of kms apart!  Such a relief!

Nite all.

No comments: