Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day One - Life is Good!

It was so cold during the night that I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed to pee!  brrrrrrrrr

It's okay, I didn't pee in the bed!

Maccas for breakfast this morning!  Free WiFi and good McCafe coffee ... not that I would EVER recommend Maccas for ANY meal of the day!

However, it's a morning ritual that I have come to enjoy when visiting BGWLBH because she has a serious Maccas breakfast addiction!

Did some shopping early in the day and found my favourite lingerie shop where I seriously controlled my spending.

Ran into an old friend who worked at one of the shops there and caught up with some of her news.

We later visited BGWLBH's Mum and stole some vegetables out of her garden.  We have some serious cooking planned, but tonight we ate out.

I bumped into a few old work colleagues and a couple of friends, an acquaintance or two who seemed to be much more friendly than I remember!

After six years away from here, I am only back twenty four hours and I feel like I never left.  It still feels like home!

People say that once you leave a place, you can never go back because it will never feel the same.  I come back every year expecting people to either have forgotten me or not want to know me anymore, but I am always welcomed back with open arms and I am always surprised by that.

Tomorrow I plan on taking my camera out and about.  While BGWLBH is at church, I will be roaming the village and hopefully getting some nice shots in the early morning light.

It's day one,  I'm having a very nice time and life is good!

Nite for now!

No comments: