Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

All is right again!

Watching Tomic (the Aussie) play Djokovic in the Wimbledon Quarter Finals tonight.  Not sure if I'll make it to the end of the match though because I'm feeling very weary.  One set all.

I think yesterday wore me out.

I'm in the middle of making my travelling list so that I'll know what to pack for my holiday.   Trying to travel light, which is difficult to do in Winter!

Aussie  Aussie  Aussie
Oi!       Oi!        Oi!

I think I need to make this short and sweet because Tomic is playing so well and I am having trouble keeping my focus here on the written word.

I even made a chicken sandwich hoping that it would keep me awake a while longer!

Goran Ivanisovic is sitting right beside Patrick Rafter in the stands!  They played each other in the 2001 Wimbledon Final.  Ivanisovic won on that occasion.

Federer is winning his match.  Another good one will be Andy Murray's match.  I'd love to see him in the final.  Wouldn't all of England love to see him win a Wimbledon final!?

Ok, that's if from me.  I just have to stop rambling and I have to watch this match!!

Thank you to everybody who today sent me kind thoughts and wishes after my sad post yesterday.  I felt your love and I appreciate that you took the time to drop me those few lines of support.

Just as I suspected ... a new day, a better day and once again, all is right with the world!!

No comments: