Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tired Old Pumpkin

These were taken ten days ago when little Chicklet was four months old ...

She's a regular little chatterbox and talks and sings all day long!

I love the sound of her happy chatter :o)

She's my little Sweetie Possum :o)

I have to say hello ***waves frantically*** to my friend in Tasmania, who I shall call 'The Sex Therapist', who is now linked to this blog and will receive my posts daily.

She has been gone from here for a year now and is very much missed by everybody.  I wonder if she remembers why she is called The Sex Therapist???

The Sex Therapist and I at last years State of Origin pub night
One of these days, Adoring Husband and I will find our way down to Tassie for a visit ... but not during Winter!

Although, the following photo shows that it's not always sunshine and roses here in Winter either!

It wasn't as cold as it looks ... just very foggy
Another short post today.  It's after midnight and I've watched the Aussie, Bernard Tomic win his tennis match to make it into the quarter finals of Wimbledon.

I can feel myself turning into a pumpkin again so I'm outta here!

Nite all

No comments: