Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Rock Show

OH!
MY!
GOD!

I just experienced the MOST AMAZING theatre show starring Jon English and eight other incredibly talented and energetic young musicians.

I am blown away and did NOT expect to feel so pumped and so exhilarated by these brilliant performers!

They played rock songs from the 60s and 70s including Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, David Bowie among many more and then topped it off with the 2nd best rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody I've heard (nobody will ever outdo Freddie Mercury and Queen for that one).

Every single one of those young musicians was absolutely exceptional and extraordinary and could easily be stars in their own right.

All of them could expertly play at least three instruments.  They played violin, cello, bongos, upright piano, electronic keyboards, mouth organs, triangle, tamborines, cowbells, flute, saxophone, acoustic and every other kind of guitar in the universe.

There are no words to describe their voices.  Their vocal ranges were jaw dropping and I could have listened to them all night.

The show went for over 3 hours with a twenty minute interval and the time went so fast!  I could have happily sat there for another 3 hours.

One of them was a dead ringer for Jack Black and another was a Lenny Kravitz lookalike (but much hotter!).

I found myself, during the show, yearning to play an instrument.  They were inspirational.  Quite obviously loving what they do and really enjoying themselves on stage.

They are playing in Maryborough next month and I am hoping Adoring Husband reads this post and books us a couple of tickets because I would LOVE to see them again!

To find out a bit more about what the show is about and how it began, here is the link ...

http://www.therockshow.com.au/

BGWLBH was beside herself when we left the show and couldn't stop raving about it.  The crowd went wild and were so energised when they left, all talking over each other to remind each other of different parts of the show.

Everyone sang along (because they were all from our generation) and the audience gave the show two standing ovations.  Truly remarkable!

If any of you out there have the opportunity to see this show .. don't miss it!  There are a number of shows throughout NSW and QLD between now and December and I HIGHLY recommend it!!

I don't now how I am going to come down from this Rock Show 'high' to get some sleep.  I've got an early start tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: