Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Shots in the Night

How convenient that our motel is situated within walking distance of Maccas!

That's how we started our day.  We walked to Maccas for breakfast.

We all slept restlessly last night.  Our motel is right on the main road and we each live in areas that have absolutely no traffic during sleeping hours, so the traffic disturbed our sleep through the night.

At one point during the night, we all three heard what we thought were gunshots.  There were about 20 shots and I heard some yelling in the distance, but then silence.

When we woke this morning, it was the first question we asked each other ... had we each heard it?

There has been nothing on the news and I found nothing online to indicate that there was any disturbance reported.

It definitely happened, but perhaps it was something innocent like a cap gun or fire crackers or any number of less sinister things.

We are right next door to the hospital, so we would have heard further commotion if it was serious!

The rest of our day was filled with a trip to the local markets early this morning, hospital visits, shopping for important stuff (I only bought a pair of socks today!), lunch, deciding to stay one more night and then dinner at Hog's Breath.

Sorely disappointed in Hog's Breath for the second time in a row (two different locations) so it's now crossed off my list of social eating establishments.  Poor and slow service.  Very average food and not reasonably priced at all for what it is.

So now BGWLBH and I are watching the end of a movie (Copycat) before hopefully falling into a deeper and more relaxing sleep than last night.  (Although the movie, Copycat, is hardly conducive for relaxation!)

Looking forward to the trip home tomorrow and hopefully getting some good photos along the way.  They will be happy day shots instead of scary shots in the night!

Nite all!  

No comments: