Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 15, 2011

The End of my Holiday

Sadly, I have to farewell BGWLBH tomorrow.

I fly out early tomorrow morning and will be home by lunchtime.

I'm all packed.

I had to mail a big box home, full of most of the stuff that I bought while here.  It cost me $21 to post!!

I am also leaving behind, my big wool coat, a pair of slippers, some winter pyjamas and a tracksuit ... and STILL, I will have to sit on my suitcase to get the zipper shut!!

It has been a really great week.  Even though we did nothing spectacular, it's been so nice to spend some time with my friend.

We've laughed and whinged and bitched and gossiped and moaned and sniggered and giggled and teased and debated and argued and smiled and shared and dreamed.

I hope that we get to do it all again next year if she decides to come up and spend some holiday time with me at my end of the world.

It will be sad to say goodbye tomorrow.  It's always sad to say goodbye and there are ALWAYS tears!!  Ugh!

On the other hand ...

It will be wonderful to be back in the arms of my Adoring Husband and I am so looking forward to seeing my little family again ... Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and little Chicklet.  

I am also looking forward to soaking up some of the warmer weather!

The weather here has ranged from a minimum of 3C degrees to a maximum of 12C degrees for the past few days (did I already mention that in another post???) and the cold is beginning to set in my bones.

It might take a day or two to completely thaw out.

Anyway, it's now midnight and I have to be up in four hours!!

Nite all.

No comments: