Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Trivia Queens

A few years ago, BGWLBH came on holidays with Adoring Husband and I.

At the end of the holidays, she and I decided to extend our stay an extra week and Adoring Husband returned home because he had to work.

During that week, we attended a trivia night at one of the local hotels.  It was a regular weekly event that was attended by quite a few locals who filled tables with six and eight people per team.

BGWLBH and I only had each other, so we sat at one of the tall tables and joined in the fun on our own.

By the end of the night, we were victorious!!  The two of us, on our own, defeated about six other teams!

We walked home from the hotel carrying our prizes (which were silly little tokens not worth much) and singing the Queen song 'We Are The Champions' at the tops of our voices.  We were sober!

It will always be one of the highlights in our friendship and something that we brag about to others and reminisce about with each other often.

We have always enjoyed trivia.  Our brains are full of useless information!  In our younger days, we often held trivia parties on the weekends (along with pictionary, balderdash among many other games).

Years ago, we found a trivia site online, where we competed against other people from all over the world.

BGWLBH had the fastest brain and I had the fastest fingers on the keyboard, so between us, we did pretty well and developed a bit of a reputation.

The reason I tell you all of this, is because it's been a good while since we played trivia regularly together (a good six or seven years) and today we found a new trivia site online and spent about eight hours playing trivia!

It was fun ... although I must say, we are not as fast as we used to be!

We spent a lot of time yelling things like "You know!!  That boy!!  In that movie!!  The movie with that young girl in it!!  You know!!??  Yes you DO!!"

A bit more frustrating than it once was!

If anybody out there is interested in a bit of trivia fun, try this site ...

www.sporcle.com

We've had many enjoyable trivia hours on it and expect that soon we will be Trivia Queens again!!

Nite all
 

No comments: