Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Daddy's Little Angel

This morning I went mud walking (well I kind of walked around the edge of the mud really).

I was amazed at how many birds were enjoying the mud!  There were Ibis, Collared Kingfisher, Shags and some long legged birds that looked a bit like Herons.

Collared Kingfisher

See the little wet marks where his feet were on the stick?
The Kingfishers are so pretty and colourful ... almost as pretty as the Bee Eaters.

But the Ibis!!!  OH MY GOODNESS!!  Has anyone seen them bury their heads in the mud???

They were plodding around in the mud, and at first I saw them just putting their beaks into the mud, but then I watched them for a while and they were putting their whole heads into the mud!!

Ibis burying his head in the mud!
It was disgusting!  When they lifted their heads out of the mud, they had a thick brown coating of sludge glistening in the sunlight.  EW! But I didn't get a photo of the muddy face.

Little Chicklet was a happy little vegemite again today.

Happy Little Vegemite

Bare-chested Chef being a wonderful Daddy.
She loves her Daddy :o)  and she's his little angel.

Nite all.

No comments: