Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Up and About!

This morning, I woke up feeling like my health had taken a step backwards and I was feeling very sorry for myself.

By about 10am, I was feeling good enough to get out of bed, have a shower, get dressed (in actual clothes instead of pyjamas!) put on a little make up and find my way outside to enjoy some sunshine!

This afternoon, when my lovely visitors arrived, I was able to greet them at the door (eventually) and have a little social time with them in our outdoor area.

The wonderful men of the house, Adoring Husband and The Bare-chested Chef, cooked us all a delicious dinner of salmon with a tantalising variety of vegetables and salads to choose from.

So today has been a huge improvement on the last four and that makes me extremely happy!

The lovely Quilting Queen and Little Genius have now retired to their motel because they are heading home early tomorrow morning.

Thank goodness I at least got a few hours of time in with them before they left!

Next time, when Quilting Queen brings her husband, Monty Python Fan, with her, I plan on being incredibly strong and fit and healthy.

The other thing I did today was take a photo to submit in our photographer's group challenge.



I think I mentioned yesterday that the theme was 'glass'.

There have been a lot of photos posted for it and everyone has had some great ideas.

There are no prizes.  Just a boost to our self esteem and the closing date is tomorrow.

Anyway, it's good to be up and about!

Nite all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photo is amazing Roz, both creative and
professional! Even if you don't win it is a
great entry.
My Little Sister entered a photographic comp with the title 'Sunset' and I loved her entry
which was Nana with a sunset light on her face
showing every wrinkle and all her age experience...It was a beautiful photo. xx

Age said...

From your description, that does indeed, sound like a wonderful capture! You've brought my imagination to life! xx