Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm Home but still Missing my Family!

I have quarantined myself in the bedroom and Adoring Husband is waiting on me and providing me with sustenance so that I don't share my germs with little Chicklet.

My symptoms are, a very raw throat, headaches, aching joints, increasing congestion, coughing, sneezing and lethargy.

These are not symptoms that I would like to share with anyone, let alone a five month old baby.

This is the first time that I've been sick since moving here three years ago and the last time I fell ill, was when I visited BGWLBH the time before last.

I caught that virus at the airport though, because I had seven hours there between flights.

I am generally very healthy and I can nurse Adoring Husband through flus and colds without falling ill myself.

This is really annoying.

I've been home for three days and haven't been able to cuddle my little Chicklet once.  I miss my family and I am willing myself well with every ounce of my being!!






I am even missing out on spending time with our visitors from down south, who have come to town for a few days.

Just another day or two (please?!) for me to be well again.

I promise not to whinge about being sick anymore ... just had to vent one more time.

Thank you for listening!!

Nite all  

No comments: