Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I spent the morning riding around town in the sunshine and catching up with a lot of locals!

So much fresh air and sunshine ... I'm surprised that I'm not already completely healed!

I took some photos of our front garden today ... for those of you who saw the photos of the new garden on facebook last year, here is an update.

Actually, I will show the before and after shots here as well.

From this ...



to this ...



and now it's this ...







We are considering entering it into the Howard Garden Festival for gardens under the age of three.

The hedge along the front is going to look pretty spectacular in a month or two because they will be in full flower.  Purple and white flowers.

I'll take photos again in Spring.  The Geisha Girl will also be in full flower, along with the two Frangipani Trees and the Kangaroo Paw.

It will look and smell wonderful!!

Ok now I am free to go to sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: