Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Last Day of Quarantine

I am making today my last day of quarantine!

Tomorrow morning I am going to get out of bed, dress immediately and go out on my trike to greet the day!

I will have my trusty camera (Bob) with me and I will get my coffee and find my way to the boat ramp and my boys!

I'm a bit excited about being back in the land of the living!

By The Sea

Fly Away
A couple of photos that I haven't shared with you yet.

Tomorrow, I hope to have some new, fresh photos to share.  I may even be brave enough to get up at dawn, if it's cloudy enough, and catch some sunrise shots.

Adoring Husband cooked me another delicious dinner tonight and is now sleeping silently beside me in our king sized bed ... which is a bit of a worry, because he is not generally a 'silent' sleeper, but he IS breathing and that is always a good sign :o)

Time to get some beauty sleep in preparation for my big day out tomorrow ... unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to cuddle Chicklet ... there may be some residual germs to shake off yet, but the fresh air and sunshine will fix that in a few days.

I noticed on the news tonight, that they discussed a higher number of flu cases in Queensland than usual, so I guess I am just one of many others.

I reckon my immune system will now be strengthened up for at least the next three years, so I should be healthy as an ox for a while!

Joy to the world!  Quarantine is over!  Let me at 'em!  Wahoo!

Nite all.

No comments: