Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

False Start

Thought it was my big day today.

I got all dressed up, ready to meet with The Artist, and head to Maryborough to check out the exhibit space at the Art Gallery and meet important people.

I noticed that she was online and forwarding jokes via email at around 9am, so I sent an email asking if the agreed time today was 10am.

She replied that our date is Friday, not today!

**forehead slap**

So I changed into casual clothes, loaded my camera bag into the basket of my trike and headed towards the river.

I have recently been spoken to, rather tersely, by the man who runs the council caravan park.  He chastised me for riding my trike on the walkway beside the park, after he put signs up which banned bikes, skateboards, roller blades and scooters.

Locals told me that he shouldn't have put the signs up and that the path was not part of the caravan park, but I needed the 'official' word on the matter before I felt comfortable riding on the path.  (I must admit that the rebellious teenager in me rode on the path a couple of times after he had chastised me lol)

Anyway, there was a meeting last night in the town hall and I have since been informed that council will be telling him to remove the signs from that path, as well as other signs that he erected without permission.

So, this morning, when I found out that today wasn't my date day, I hopped on my trike and rode down to the path to gleefully ride along it.

The signs are still there.  Obviously, council haven't taken action yet, but at least I know that I am within my rights to ride the path.

I visited my owls again ...

This photograph is terribly over-exposed, but I thought it amazing that the owl's eyes still stand out clearly!
This is Mum in the tree opposite.  I learned today that Dad stays with the chicks during the day, and the mother does it at night.
Cute little chickie with Dad protecting from behind.
So today was a false start for arty farty adventure/challenge.  We'll have another try on Friday!

Nite all.

No comments: