Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Babysitting Gig

First of all, I'll get today's photo out of the way.  This afternoon I had my camera out because there were a large number of magpies in the back yard and I was hoping to catch a shot of Jack (one of our psychotic dogs) chasing them from the yard ...

... when all of a sudden, I heard a very angry sound coming from the rear neighbour's roof!  When I looked up, this is what I saw ..

It's ON!  Two kookaburras ready to rumble!

Today, I got to spend two wonderful hours with my little Chicklet, while Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef had a movie date.

We went shopping together.

We had coffee and mango.

OK 'I' had coffee and Chicklet had mango.

We tried on clothes.

OK 'I' tried on clothes and Chicklet offered helpful advice.

We collected our lotto winnings.

OK 'I' collected our winnings, while Chicklet threw her toys on the floor.

We paid for some new swimmers and a top.

OK 'I' paid for the goods while Chicklet charmed the salesperson.

We had Chinese chicken and vegetables for lunch.

OK 'I' had Chinese chicken and vegetables while Chicklet gargled and dribbled about 300 mls of water down her shirt.

We had a long conversation.

OK 'I' thought we were finished after a short conversation and got ready to move on, and Chicklet yelled at me because she wasn't finished yet.  So really, we had two short conversations, which equal one long conversation :)

We went for a long walk from the shopping centre to the movie cinemas to wait for Mum n Dad and as soon as we sat down to wait, Chicklet fell asleep in her pram, and was still asleep when Adoring Husband arrived and still asleep when Mum n Dad came out of the movies.

I thought it would be nice for Vegan Chickie to find us alive, happy and well, waiting for her when she came out.

I also thought it would be nice for Chicklet to wake up from her nap to see her Mum's face smiling down at her, so I was praying that she wouldn't wake up before they came out!

Just one thing though, I have strained my back from trying to steer the pram ... which I liken to a shopping trolley with a wonky wheel in the supermarket.

It actually didn't hurt until I sat down for dinner tonight, when I felt a slight twinge, but it has gradually got worse during the night.

If I can get a solid night of sleep, my body might just heal itself.

I was wondering if I can claim compo???   ***moan***  ***groan***  ***whinge***

But REALLY, of course I'd do it all again and I am looking forward to my next babysitting gig, whenever that may be.

Nite all.

No comments: