Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 21, 2011

It's a Wonderful Life!

Another goanna sighting today ...


Honestly!  They are everywhere!

Everybody loves Spring right?  The beautiful weather, the flowers blooming, the birds singing, little animal babies being born, bees buzzing, butterflies fluttering by and the Winter woollies get packed away for another year.

I have always been a big fan of Spring, but until I got my camera and began my daily search for photographic opportunities, I just didn't comprehend the 'vastness' of Spring.  

Every day I am surprised by what Mother Nature has to offer.  The sheer volume of certain species inhabiting the local area, and then when you travel even 100kms, there is a whole new range of species to discover.

Just when I think I've run out of things to photograph, somebody will stop me in the street and point me in a new direction.

It's wonderful!

What else is wonderful, is the fact that I will be babysitting my little Chicklet tomorrow while Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef go to the movies.

My first babysitting gig.  How exciting is that!?

I will tell you all about it tomorrow night, but for now, I need a big nana nap!

Nite all.

No comments: