Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Day Eighteen - Your Shoes

Day Eighteen - Your Shoes



Of course, these are not ALL of my shoes.  I have a lot of shoes.  NOT as many shoes as some of my friends, but a LOT more shoes than I've ever had at one time in my life before.

Until I was in my forties, I never owned more than four pairs of shoes at one time.

One pair for work.  One pair for dressing up.  One pair of runners.  One pair for casual/relaxed.

Except for the runners, my shoes were always black.  Black goes with everything.

Back then, I would wear a handbag out before I bought a new one.  My handbag was always black too ... so that it matched my shoes!

In the last seven years, I have spent more money on shoes and handbags, than the rest of my forty four years put together.

It feels good :D

Christmas groceries done today.  We spent enough money and bought enough food to feed the whole town, including the five of us who will be here for Christmas day!

I gave my girlfriends small gifts tonight to thank them for putting up with my solemn attitude over the last couple of months and for being so caring.

I appreciated their thoughtfulness and their kind words when I was feeling down and it was nice to know that they would still be welcoming me with open arms when I decided to step back into the world of the living.

Small steps.

We have a lot to do tomorrow, so this will be another short and sweet post.  Need to build my strength up for Chicklet eskimo kisses!

Nite all.

No comments: