Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day Fifteen - Silhouette

Day Fifteen - Silhouette

Taken early in the morning.  Four men about to board the tinny to go fishing.
What a great day I've had today!

It all started with my morning kiss from Adoring Husband :)

Over the last few weeks I have spotted this bird, which I thought might be some kind of Kestrel, and I followed it a couple of times hoping to get a shot, but it always eluded me.

A couple of times I chased it for a good thirty minutes, but to my disappointment, it always disappeared.

This morning as I rode along the lane way towards the river, there, in a branch about ten feet above me, was that bird!

I hit the brakes immediately and slowly reached behind me for my camera, all the while keeping my eyes on the bird.

Just as I lifted the camera to my eye and peeked through the view finder, some lunatic on a bicycle came hurtling along the pathway yelling "Good Morning!"


Off the bird flew!

I began pedalling when I heard that familiar bird call and as I came around the corner, there he was in the next tree looking down at me!

I grabbed the camera and began snapping away madly.

He hung around for a good ten minutes and much to my delight, I got a few different shots in before he flew away.

After I arrived home today, I posted these photos onto my flickr photostream and discovered that this bird is a Pacific Baza, and not the Kestrel that I first thought.

I was very happy with my find!

So I went on to the Seat of Knowledge and sat with my boys for an hour, before heading back to the shops to meet the girls for morning tea.

After a very pleasant ninety minutes with them, Aussie H and I pedalled back to the river and sat on a bench seat under a giant fig tree, waiting for an eagle to appear.

During morning tea, I had watched the eagle flying above the two big trees that grow beside the council caravan park, so I hoped that I might catch another glimpse of him.

Sadly, he did not re-appear, and after a nice thirty minutes chatting with Aussie H and a couple of other locals who stopped during their morning walk or ride, I headed off to visit my Princess of Wales.

What started off as a ONE hour visit, turned into almost four hours, when The Travelling Wilberry arrived from Gladstone and we began drinking some Christmas cheer!

We all carried on like long lost friends until eventually I had to beg my leave.

Poor Adoring Husband had been waiting at home for me to return for lunch and had cooked a delicious meal, which was now stone cold, but luckily, still very delicious!!

Only an hour later, we had to leave home again, to visit our neighbours for Christmas drinks, before they depart for Christmas with family down south.

It was about 7.30pm when we finally came home for the last time and plonked ourselves on the couch, happy but exhausted!  I should probably speak for myself only - I am exhausted!

To finish the day off perfectly, Vegan Chickie emailed some wonderful shots of my little Sweetie Possum, who has discovered the joys of playground swings!!

Isn't she lovely?

Nite all.

No comments: