Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day Seventeen - Technology

Day Seventeen - Technology


My great day was going to end with a ride around town on my trike with Aussie H looking at Christmas lights.

The text that I sent to Aussie H was "Let's leave at 7pm.  If there is no rain, I'm definitely going"

I opened the door and stepped out at exactly 7pm and the heavens opened up!!

So, no lights tonight.

While Adoring Husband played golf this morning, I pedalled all over town looking for photographic opportunities.




I also ran into Toots and Dochs, who needed help with an email, so I met them at their house where they served me coffee and cookies and we spent a very pleasant hour discussing each other's Christmas plans.

My sister, Squirt, phoned tonight too and we chatted for about twenty minutes.

Tomorrow is a big grocery shop day, which we are going to do bright and early, before the Christmas rush.  That way we don't have to go into town on Christmas Eve!

Two more sleeps til Christmas :o)

I really must make a 'to do' list and be conscientious about marking it off and getting everything done.

Right now I am going to turn off this piece of technology and get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: