Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day Nineteen - Something Orange

Day Nineteen - Something Orange


Christmas Eve!

The caravan parks are filling up with caravans, camper vans, camper trailers and tents, which translates to 'overflowing with tourists'.

I'm not a big fan of tourists.

I wouldn't mind tourists if they treated my little community with the respect that it deserves, but in tourist season there is more crime, more graffiti, more litter, more damage, more noise and more traffic.

In saying that, I always smile and say 'Good Morning' as I pedal past the tourists.

I think I've got things pretty well under control for Christmas lunch tomorrow.

I've baked the vegan chocolate cup cakes and the vegan savoury pastries for the Bare-chested Chef.  I also have vegan dips, corn chips and biscuits.

I've made a pavlova for Vegan Chickie and Adoring Husband.

Tomorrow I will make chicken and pine nut cous cous for Vegan Chickie and wombok salad.

Of course there will be the usual turkey, ham and prawns, plus the assorted salads and bread rolls.

There will be roasted pumpkin and carrot for Chicklet and mango galore!  I may even have her favourite ... fresh lemon!

I am also proud to announce that my photo of the Bee Eater was voted as everyone's 'Favourite Photo of the Year' in our flickr group today!


Our tutor hasn't judged the 'Window' challenge yet.  I imagine it will take him a while to get that done, considering it is his busiest time of the year right now in his shop at Montville.

Right now I have to wrap one more present to place under the Christmas tree and then I'm off to bed.

Merry Christmas everybody.  May your day be filled with love and laughter.  Keep safe.

Nite all.

No comments: