Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day Sixteen - Long Exposure

Day Sixteen - Long Exposure


Another great day today, although not quite as full as yesterday!

Went to another friend's house for Christmas drinks and nibblies this afternoon.  The nibblies were the equivalent of a six course meal!

So I took individual photos of all the women there and they asked me to photoshop them younger and show them a before and after shot.

They knew that I had done similar for Win, when I did the window challenge, so tonight after I got home, I began photoshopping faces.

I finished a couple of them, but still have quite a few more to go, which is why I am so late posting this tonight.

I don't think the ladies would appreciate me posting them here, so I will respect their privacy, unless they advise me otherwise.

All my boys from the Seat of Knowledge have gone away for Christmas.  There may be two left behind who I can sit with for little while in the mornings and drink my coffee.

Our little town is beginning to fill with tourists.  It's not my favourite time of year, that's for sure.

These little guys are a little more difficult to find now that Spring is over.

Scaly Breasted Lorikeets
That bottom one looks a bit nasty!

Time for me to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: