Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day Five - From a high angle

Quote of the day:  You miss 100% of the shots that you never take - Wayne Gretzky

Day Five - From a high angle


I figure that if we lived on the moon, the earth would be high, so taking a photo of the moon from the earth would be from a high angle.  Ok maybe it's a little bit cheating ;o)

What a day!

I was awake bright and early and packed the trike with all my market gear and then pedalled down to the Seat of Knowledge, where only two of my boys were sitting, because it was too early for the others yet.

The sky was getting blacker by the minute and the winds were very strong.  As I left to go get my coffee, a few drops of rain landed on my arms.

I ordered my coffee and then went to get some money for my float.

By this time, the sky was even more ominous, so I made the decision to abandon the idea of setting up my stall.

I phoned Aussie H, to let her know that I had canned the idea, and then I returned to the Seat of Knowledge, briefly, where another of the boys had joined the seat.

I made the decision to pedal home before the rain hit, and I got to the end of my street, before it began bucketing down.

I could hear the theme song to the Mighty Mouse cartoon (which is Adoring Husband's ringtone on my phone), ringing in my basket, but I wasn't going to stop in the rain to answer it so I just kept pedalling as fast as my little legs would carry me!

So I plonked myself on the couch, where I remained all day, with the laptop in front of me!

Tomorrow, we are travelling down to Bribie Island for our photography group's end of year celebration.

Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet will be kind enough to take care of things while we are away.  By 'things', I mean the house, the psychotic dogs and the lovely laying chooks.  We are very grateful for their help.

The weather forecast is not good for tomorrow though, so our barbecue on the beach, may end up being a sausage sizzle at somebody's house.

That would be a shame because I'm really looking forward to a sunset photo shoot across the water.  Fingers crossed for clear weather.

The rain prevented me from taking any shots today, except for the full moon tonight, but I hope to have some shots to share tomorrow .. from ANY angle!

Nite all.

No comments: