Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day Three - Clouds

Day Three - Clouds


I did a lot of pedalling today!

Adoring Husband had a golf break-up lunch, so I had the whole day to myself.

I pedalled for about three hours and took photos of owls, kookaburras, peewees, butcher birds and a grey heron.

None of them were spectacular, but I posted a couple onto my flickr photostream.



Then I visited Buster's Mum and we discussed the photo shoot and took a couple of practise shots with her sitting in front of the window.

We chose a time for me to return, after dark, so that she could make herself all pretty as my subject.

It didn't take very long to get the shot I wanted.  The lighting wasn't as good as I would have liked, but Kas and Lucy's Man had a fabulous free-standing lamp that provided a nice ambient light and helped provide a reasonable reflection in the window.

Buster's Mum was a very co-operative model and it was all over in about twenty minutes!

The real Buster's Mum
I promised that I would also photoshop a photo to make her look younger as well.

The younger Buster's Mum
I prefer the REAL Buster's Mum to the photoshopped younger version :o)

So I'm very happy with our efforts today and it feels good to have my challenge entry already lodged.  The closing date is 20th December, so I'm nice and early!

Adoring Husband had a good time at his golf lunch and is now sleeping like a baby.

The plan for tomorrow is to decorate the christmas tree and hang the lights around the exterior of the house.  Let's hope the weather co-operates!

Today was another good day :o)

Nite all.

 

No comments: