Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day One - Self Portrait

Day One - Self Portrait



Today was a good day :)

I awoke bright and early, before the alarm sounded, which gave me plenty of time to get ready for my day out.

Woman of Many Talents was giving me a lift into town and arrived right on time.  It's always a pleasant drive with her.  She's a good egg.

A McCafe coffee was my preferred beverage to start the day and then some browsing through some dvds of which I bought three.

Soon it was time to meet Vegan Chickie, so I made the ten minute walk to the cinema, bought our tickets and some mandetory junk food.

I was just in the nick of time because a whole bus load of school kids suddenly appeared and queued up for junk food themselves!

Luckily, they were going to a different movie :)

The whole Chicklet family suddenly appeared and I got to see my baby before the movie too!

Vegan Chickie and I entered Cinema 3 and enjoyed Breaking Dawn Part 1 for the second time.

Thank goodness the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet were waiting when we emerged from the cinema, because Vegan Chickie was missing them so much, I don't think she could have waited another 5 minutes to see them!

We drove home, stopping at the takeaway cafe to get fish and chips for lunch.

I was pleasantly surprised to find Adoring Husband had already returned home from his golf function.

After lunch, Vegan Chickie and Chicklet went for a nap, and the rest of us watched one of my new dvds.  'The Muppet Movie'  an oldie but a goodie.

When Chicklet woke up, I got lots of cuddles and we visited the lovely layers at the chook pen, talked to the puppies and did a tour of the veggie garden.

Then it was time for them to go home.

I received a phone call from Lady Lynne inviting me to morning tea tomorrow and then Number One Son phoned and we chatted for about half an hour.

He has just commenced a new job in Townsville, so he's feeling motivated and happy at the prospect of a fresh start after his divorce was finalised recently.

So, I've completed my day one photograph challenge - self portrait, and all in all, it's been a happy day.

Nite all.  

No comments: